Totally Stupid Bankers

Friday 24 July 2009

Letter to TSB Trustcard Visa July 2009

This is my third letter to yourselves.

My credit card statement had a due date of 17 June 2009. I made a payment of £3,000 on 5 June 2009, well before the due date. I then discovered that you had taken £91.50 from my account 2 weeks before the due date of 17 June 2009. This taking of money from my account before the due date caused me to go overdrawn and I was charged £75. Further to that I have now been informed that I will be charged a further £73.37 on 1 July 2009 for this £75 that was overdrawn. The result it that you have cost me £239.87. I do not think this is fair seeing as I made a payment of £3,000 well before the due date.

I have been on the telephone to your customer services department on numerous occasions over the last three weeks and all the people I spoke to, including Marni and Nicole who said they were managers, assured me that it was a mistake and the £91.50 and overdraft charges would be refunded to me.

After hearing nothing I phoned again yesterday (25 June 2009) and was once again told it was a computer problem and the £91.50 should not have been taken. I was then transferred four times and finally spoke with Kerry, a supervisor at credit card services. She refused to help me at all and didn’t seem to understand that my statement had a due date of 17 June 2009. She also said that she had not heard of Marni and Nicole and they had not logged my calls in your computer system.

To sum up, my statement says that I had to make the minimum payment by 17 June 2009, which I did. You took a payment before this due date. If you print a due date on my statement surely that means I have until then to make the payment? Which I did.
I would really appreciate some help with this matter as, to be honest, I have found the experience of contacting your help desk to be very frustrating and the whole matter has got me very worked up.
Thanks

It took TSB 5 weeks to deal with my complaint and they just brushed me off with a reply that explained how good they thought their operation in India was.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Site

The real stories about Lloyds TSB Bank